What is a bearing?
A bearing is a moving device that supports rotational movement between a stationary part and a rotating part. There are several types of bearings like slide, magnetic and rolling bearings. Koyo bearings are “Rolling Bearings” Rolling bearings have a long service life, high interchangeability and is power saving. The rolling elements of the bearings are assembled between inner and outer rings with or without cage. With this structure, a smooth rolling motion can be realized during operation. The great advantages of rolling bearings are:
- Low starting friction
- Ability to support both radial and thrust load and high speed rotation
- Easy to handle and maintained
- Interchangeable and easy acquirement (global normalization & standardization)
- Can operate in extreme environments (high and low temperatures)
- Simple methods of grease lubrication
Bearings are critical elements in all types of machinery and products. You can find them for example in automobiles, airplanes, home appliances but also in equipment for malting steel and semiconductors.